Monday, April 11, 2011

The death of Peoria pizza?

Godfather's used to be a go-to destination for pizza in Peoria, taking the helm from the MUCH better Pantera's pizza in Tanglewood in the late 70's.

Now they've apparently lost their home at Glen & Sheridan and are relegated to co-space with gas stations and as of 7:56, they;re closed. Even Papa Murphies closes at 8. Peoria pizza is crap. Last 2 times I had the former [Italian hero and scientific genius] pizza, I got sick. Where do I go??

Oh well.

Monical's - even though they don't deliver.

8 Comments:

Blogger Peoria Peepers said...

Normal Godfather's closed too.
Good pizza is definitely becoming harder to find around Peoria.

4/11/2011 9:01 PM  
Blogger Vonster said...

As alternatively has the opportunity for other pizza places!!

DELIVERY!!

4/11/2011 9:21 PM  
Blogger Vonster said...

Normal's Mikelenise or some such dies too.

4/11/2011 9:22 PM  
Anonymous shay said...

I still have my Pantera's - "A Great Piece" t-shirt from when I used to work there. I miss Bud Greives' Pizzeria Uno. I hope Hoops, Agatucci's, Penguin Tap (now TnT's in Peoria Heights) and Davis Brother's keep on keepin' on. I used to live across the street from Jack's pizza in Indianapolis, and like the fact that Kraft foods offers their unique flavor in the frozen foods section. I've been eyeing the $39 Pizzazz rotory pizza cookers at Farm 'n Fleet for the last six months but just too tight to spring for one.

4/12/2011 4:29 AM  
Blogger Peoria Anti-Pundit said...

Godfather's that good? I'll admit it has been years but when I tried it, they sucked. Davis Bro in the Heights has slipped also. Too much hamburger on the pizza. Never did see what anyone saw in Agatucci's either. I like the Blarney Castle in Rome, IL but no delivery. Hard to find a decent pie.

4/12/2011 8:03 AM  
Anonymous HipKat said...

Fedora's, man,! The BOMB pizza

4/12/2011 7:34 PM  
Blogger Cameron said...

Godfather's is gross.

Fedora's is good. Leonardo's is good...but greasy.

4/12/2011 7:44 PM  
Blogger Vonster said...

Pantera's is still alive and kicking in the St Louis area.

4/12/2011 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home