Monday, January 24, 2011

Need help

As I remember, the CBS evening news for some time used a portion of Aaron Copeland's "Simple Gifts" part of Appalachian Spring as the intro music. Maybe it was another network. It might have been Cronkite's "The 20th Century" series.

I really want to know what they were.

Anybody have a clue??

Thanks

Oh, and before someone mentions it, Copeland's treatment of "Simple Gifts" would be the last thing the Shakers would want considering their world view BUT, though I couldn't live their lifestyle, I have the utmost respect for their devotion to God and community.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ramble On said...

I know it has been used a lot for various TV shows & movies, but can't say which ones for sure. Copeland did not write the song. It is an old Shaker "dance" song. Copeland sure brought it back to life though.

1/24/2011 6:09 PM  
Blogger Vonster said...

I know that but thanks though...Copeland incorporated it in his thoroughly American piece, "Appalacian Spring"

1/24/2011 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home